Yuman Language Family Summit Immersion Camp June 26-29, 2017. Hosted in Peach Springs at Hualapai Youth CampAll Gathering to Talk the Language
"Điga:vik, bay ba Gwa:wjik" (Hualapai)"Matasheevshik kwaarkwaarm" (Piipaash)Okay campers, less than a month away. All forms and other information is on this website. Take a look and see how you can make it work for you and your group.You need to make sure:
- You have sent in/sending in your registration. It's important that we get a number of how many people that will attend for the cooks. Remember--all payment is to be made out to Yuman Language Family Summit and not to anyone else and no museum. Yuman Language Family Summit.
- You are getting your camping gear together and naming the items in your language. (see the list of what to bring)
- You are working on your presentations: remember, you are working on them in your own languages during the morning and then presenting them for everyone in the afternoon sessions.
- You have contacted Marcey Craynon to reserve rooms at the Youth camp lodge for elders. Or you have contacted the Hualapai Lodge or grand Canyon Caverns motel for lodging. Look at the website pages for more information.
- We will have firewood available. There are restrooms at the Lodge and we will set up portable bathrooms near the encampments.
- It will be cool during the night, make sure you bring blankets. We are not expecting rain but you never no, the weather has been a bit off the last couple of months.
- If you haven't got a group from your community then we can put people together in one camp and learn from each other.
- We want people to try this experience and we can't do it unless you are there. So call us if you have any questions and we'll see how we can help.
For more information and contacts:
Theo De laRosa 928-575-3493
Marcey Craynon 928-769-2223
Gary Owens 480-362-6320 (Mon-Fri. 8-5pm)